For God so loved the world He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Jesus took the punishment for all of our sins.
How to be saved?
1. Believe- that God loves you unconditionally
- You don't have to be good for a certain amount of time before he'll love you. He loves you right now, how you are.
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
- “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18
2. Confess- Sins
- Identify all the things in your life that aren't pleasing to Him.
- What would your life look like if you lived the way Jesus did?
3. Decide- are you willing to obey?
- *If we agree to obey God's commands in every area of our life, His spirit will come into our heart and we'll be Born Again.*
- God created you because He wants to live in your body. Like being possessed, in a good way. To miss out on knowing Him would be the greatest tragedy of all.
- Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
- "Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as dung, that I may gain Christ." Philippians 3:8
*** If you're ready to invite Jesus into your heart, pray a prayer like this:
Lord Jesus, please forgive all of my sins and save me now. I'm ready to live life your way, please give me peace and strength. I will serve you all the days of my life. Amen.
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
On Judgement Day
We will all stand before the throne of God to give an account for our lives. Anyone not found written in the book of life will be cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)
For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!” Ezekiel 18:32
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9
Everyone has doubts when they come to Jesus, but we can choose to believe anyway. Faith is taking action, even in the presence of doubt.
(Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please God.)